Crumbed Turkey Schnitzel
By: Adam MacDougall | In: Food
Everyone loves a good old schnitty, and this one cover all your bases - high quality protein from the turkey, a crunchy golden crust, and best of all, it hasn't been drowned in grease.
- 2 Skinless turkey breast fillets (around 300g all up)
- 1/2 Cup of breadcrumbs (try go for wholemeal if you can)
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 Egg
- Put one of the fillets in a ziplock bag and pound it flat with the back of a heavy frypan (or a meat mallet if you have one). They need to be about 5mm thick. Repeat with the other piece of turkey.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parsley in a bowl and set aside. Crack the egg into another bowl and whisk thoroughly with a fork.
- Give each piece of turkey a bath in the egg bowl and then roll around in the crumb mixture.
- Heat up a large frying pan, give it a blast of olive oil spray and cook the schitzels until golden brown on each side and done to your liking.
- Serve it up with some steamed or roast veg or salad and tuck in.
This is another example of the type of dishes you could be tasting if you take The Man Challenge!
Tagged with: Food